We know this is a very difficult and overwhelming time for patients and their families, so we’ve made the admission process as streamlined as possible to allow patients to settle in quickly and comfortably.
We admit patients diagnosed with acquired brain injuries including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Brain tumor
- Other (such as seizures, toxic exposure or electrical injury)
We work with a variety of patients. An individual’s brain injury can be recent or could have occurred several years ago. Prospective patients must be:
- 16 years of age or older
- Medically stable and do not require 24-hour medical care (they may have impairments in continence, physical movement, speech and language functioning, cognition, behavior, or other medical issues)
- Level IV or higher on the 10-level Rancho Los Amigos Scale of post-brain injury cognitive function.
We also admit patients who have previous and/or co-occurring mental health diagnoses in addition to their brain injury. Generally, we will admit persons with serious mental health issues on a conditional basis, with specific guidelines for program participation and goals for progress. Those with behavioral difficulties must not be a danger to themselves or others when unsupervised.
We openly welcome and encourage admissions from any cultural or religious background.
If we are not familiar with a particular patient’s background, we will work diligently to solicit help in understanding and meeting those needs.
Patients with a past history of substance abuse must be abstinent upon admission and must remain so during the course of treatment.
As you make this important decision, we realize that you may have many questions. We are here to help and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-992-1149.
Please have the following information on hand, if possible:
- Patient’s current location
- Date of birth
- Desired date of admission
- Date of brain injury
- Name and phone number of family member
- Name and phone number of responsible party
- Name of individual’s case manager or discharge planner
- Medical/insurance coverage
- Referring physician