The American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) is an organization of rehabilitation professionals dedicated to serving people with disabling conditions by supporting research that:
- promotes health, independence, productivity, and quality of life,
- meets the needs of rehabilitation clinicians and people with disabilities.
In order to enhance current and future research and knowledge translation, ACRM:
- assists researchers in improving their investigations and dissemination of findings
- educates providers to deliver best practices, and
- advocates for funding of future rehabilitation research.
The ACRM is a global community of both researchers and consumers of research, in the field of rehabilitation. ACRM is the only professional association representing all members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team, including: physicians, psychologists, rehabilitation nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists, recreation specialists, case managers, rehabilitation counselors, vocational counselors, and disability management specialists.
The American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Communications Committee has developed a series of articles designed to provide consumer-friendly information on topics relevant to rehabilitation medicine. Examples are below: