Why come to Texas for your brain injury or stroke rehabilitation?
People often travel to receive care at specialized brain injury hospitals like the renowned Craig Hospital in Denver. The reasons are expertise, quality of care and excellent outcomes. That experience counts.
The same applies for those who want to pursue further treatment after the hospital. Seeking the best care with a specialized brain injury rehabilitation program can offer profound benefits. It maximizes the gains made at the hospital by continuing intensive therapy at the time it is most likely to provide gains (the first year). People across the country choose Pate because we are experts with decades of superior outcomes.
If your goal is to attain the highest level of independence possible, come to Texas for specialized brain injury and stroke rehabilitation. Our therapeutic complex is located on a real Texas ranch in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We’ll make it easy to get here, stay and visit.
Pate Rehabilitation Brinlee Creek Ranch
- Safe, rural setting on nearly 100 acres
- State of the art equipment
- Person-centered, transdisciplinary approach
- Residential suites with bath and kitchenettes
- Therapy breadth: physical, occupational, speech, vocational, cognitive, counseling, driver rehabilitation, aquatics and biofeedback
- Equine therapy available as appropriate
- Family counseling and support groups
- Spanish language specialization
- Assisted living home for permanent residents available
- Transportation to and from the airport for out-of-town tours and admissions
Anna, Texas is 11 miles northeast of the charming, historic town of McKinney, and about a half hour’s drive north of Dallas. The small, friendly Texas town of 13,000 offers the feel of wide open spaces with easy city access.
- Two major airports – Love Field and DFW International
- McKinney, pop 172,000 – tourist destination city nearby
- Proximity to Dallas and Fort Worth
Where to Stay
The area around Anna offers many places to stay including major chains like Holiday Inn, Best Western, Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, and Sheraton. You’ll also find B&Bs and luxury hotels. Family members are also welcome to stay in their loved one’s suite when visiting. We can assist you with lodging information and other travel questions.
Things to Do in Anna
- Parks and nature trails
- Children’s splash park and playground
- Public golf course
- Sherley Brothers old time general store museum (by appt)
- Historic downtown McKinney with upscale shopping, dining, antiques stores and art galleries
- Chesnut Square Historic Village with living history demonstrations and farmer’s market
- Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary
- Vineyards and brewery tastings in McKinney and Anna
- Dallas museums, major league sports, shopping, cultural events and attractions
Dining in Anna
For a small town, Anna has a lot of choices.
- JB’s BBQ
- Crow’s Country Cafe
- Joe’s Italian Bistro
- Italian Villa
- Lulu’s bakery
- My Estrella Mexican restaurant
- Fast food like Subway and Sonic
- Malt Shop
Nearby McKinney has a huge amount of restaurants so you’ll never go hungry.