ATTENTION: COVID-19 UPDATE
The safety and well-being of our staff and patients is our utmost concern. Please understand that the Pate residences are licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (THHSC) [https://www.hhs.texas.gov/providers/long-term-care-providers/assisted-living-facilities-alf] and must follow the guidelines and safety precautions THHSC mandates. We are also monitoring Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to also ensure that we maintain a safe treatment and work environment. Please know that guidelines and procedures do frequently change based on new research and we will update our procedures accordingly. We are happy to answer any questions about the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe during this pandemic and will evaluate each potential admission or patient situation on a case-by-case basis to ensure best care and practices.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while in treatment areas at Pate facilities.
- No one is allowed in clinics or patient residences if they are COVID positive.
- Employees who are sick with any form of respiratory illness or fever are instructed to stay home.
- Residential patients who meet CDC criteria for testing for coronavirus will be referred appropriately for testing. If COVID positive, treatment will be restricted to their rooms. If patients must leave the room for medically necessary reasons, they will wear a mask if possible and will return promptly to their own rooms.
- Return to treatment for Day Neuro patients will be guided by updated corporate policies based on symptom presentation and testing.
- Visitation is open and offered in patient rooms and common areas. The number of visitors may be limited at any given time based on space available or other factors impacting patient comfort/care. For larger groups, accommodations can be made with advance notice (e.g. dining room, outdoor areas).
- We request all visitor sign-in and complete a brief health screen.
- Masks are recommended and strongly encouraged in the common areas, around staff and/or patients.